Taiwanese manufacturer Asus has announced a new affordable Zenfone smartphone in Malaysia, the smartphone called as “Asus Zenfone C”. It is a best budget phone under RM 350 price point at the moment, and it will replace the Zenfone 4 in Malaysia. The phone will come in Black, Red and White colors and cost RM 349 (approx. $97), but there is no word on global roll out.
The Android v4.4 Kitkat with Zen UI-based Zenfone C is very similar in form factor to last year’s, Zenfone 4 (A450CG), and shares all the same specifications. Asus has downgraded the camera to 5-Megapixel, but upgraded the battery to 2100mAh. Its 5MP camera is equipped with LED flash and aperture of f/2.0.
The phone has similar features as the Zenfone 4, including a dual-core Intel Atom processor with 1GB RAM, PowerVR GPU, a 4.5-inch anti-fingerprint coated IPS display, 8GB built-in memory, and a 0.3-Megapixel front facing VGA camera.
The phone also has a microSD card slot that allows for memory expansion up-to 64GB. The Zenfone C comes with basic connectivity features like 3G, WiFi, GPS and Bluetooth 4.0. Its measures are 136.5 x 67 x 10.9mm and weigh 149 grams.
Asus Zenfone C (ZC451CG) features
- Display : 4.5-inch 854 x 480 pixels IPS screen with anti-fingerprint coating
- Processor : 1.2 GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2520
- GPU : PowerVR SGX544
- Memory : 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage expandable via microSD card up to 64GB
- OS : Android V4.4 KitKat skinned with Zen UI
- Primary Camera : 5MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- Secondary Camera : 0.3MP VGA camera
- Connectivity : 3G HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Battery : 2100mAh
- Dimensions : 136.5x67x10.9mm
- Weight : 149 grams
According to the source, this budget phone will also be available in India and it would cost under Rs. 6000. If you are looking for a smartphone with mid-range features under Rs. 7000 then you need to view “Top 10 Android KitKat phones under Rs. 7000” on xyloor.