In both Windows 8 and 8.1 platform, if you don’t want to waist your important time for beating up on your computer by lock screen. We all peoples know that our time is very important. And many people have no patience for boot up of the computer. Somebody may be very irritating by this problem. We are going to learn how to disable windows 8 lock screen.
My impatience stems from when I owned an XP system that took upwards of five minutes to get to a usable state no matter what I did to try and speed things along. Scarred by that experience I used to leave my system on permanently (just flipping the monitors off when I stepped away), but obviously that wastes electricity. Switching to an SSD (solid state drive), and configuring Windows to boot as quickly as possible, offered a decent solution.
The problem is windows 8 and 8.1 OS seems to be designed to slow you down. Once your computer has booted up there is a lock screen to clear, then you have to enter your password and log to in your Microsoft account.
There are three easy ways to Disable Windows 8 lock screen
1. Use “netplwiz” command
In Start screen type “run” or use shortcut key” WIN+R”. Click on Run and type this command “netplwiz”. OK, that and highlight your account. Uncheck “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer”. Click Apply. Then enter your password and confirm it. Click OK.
Restart computer and when Windows loads it. And your operating system will not ask you to log in password. It is the first way to disable windows 8 lock screen.
2. Using Group Policy Editor
- Press “WIN+R” key combination to launch RUN dialog box, then type gpedit. mask and press Enter. After that, open Group Policy Editor.
- Now following these steps: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Control Panel -> Personalization
- In right-side pane, double-click on “Do not display the lock screen” option and set its value to “Enabled“.
If you want to windows 8 lock screen again, set the value to Not configured. It is the second way to disable windows 8 lock screen.
3. Use Registry Editor
You have the third option to disable windows 8 lock screen is registry editor, if you don’t want to use above options
- Type “WIN+R” for launch the RUN dialogue box, then type regedit and after that press Enter. It will open the Registry Editor.
- Go to the following key:
You create it manually, if the above key is not working.
- Select Personalization and in right-side pane, create new DWORD NoLockScreen and set its value to 1
- Turn off the computer, and restart again, see this effect.
If you want again lock screen window in the future, just delete the DWORD or set value to 0.
If you don’t want to edit the registry itself. You want to change registry artificially. Download given file below immediately-