Last year in July of 2014 Facebook started disabling the messaging service in it’s Facebook app. Facebook forced users to install Messenger app to enable messaging service only. This certain and unpredictable act of dictatorship lead Facebook to many harsh criticisms.
We all use Facebook to communicate with our friends and family members so we all have a Facebook app installed on our devices. At the same time we want to keep minimum apps on our phone to avoid battery consumption and to get good performance. The Messenger app needs more juice to work all the time in the background. So, it is better to get rid of Messenger app.
In this post we will learn how to send Facebook messages without Messenger app.
There are two methods to use Facebook chat feature without Messenger app
- By browsing Facebook on the web in your device’s browser
- By installing the patch in Android (no root required)
Browsing Facebook on the web:
This is a very simple method, follow these steps:
- Open your browser
- Type fb.com in address bar
- Open messages
And thus, you can browse and send messages. The only problem is, it may not be as smooth as in Facebook app. Also, you may not get new message notification if you don’t have Facebook app installed or without SMS notification subscription.
Installing patch in Android to use Facebook Chat Feature:
This is the best way to enable in app messaging in Facebook app without installing Messenger app. The trick is very simple. The patch app mimics the Messenger app since both have the same name as com.facebook.orca.
The patch app is “Hello world” application. So you don’t need to bother about any kind of threat.
- Uninstall the existing Messenger app (if you have already installed one).
- Since this method works only for Facebook app version 18.104.22.168.15 to 27+ so uninstall update from settings if you have the latest version of Facebook. Navigate to Settings > Apps > Facebook > uninstall updates. If you do not find uninstall update option then uninstall Facebook app and install THIS older version.
- Make sure Unknown Sources is turned on in settings. If not then navigate to Settings > Security > Unknown sources, turn it on.
- Download and install THIS file. This is the patch for Android.
- Open Facebook again and enjoy the enabled services.
Note : This trick will work on Facebook android app v22.214.171.124.15+any version before to v27+.
This method is absolutely safe however you will need to downgrade the Facebook app.