WordPress Plugins are tools which provide additional features and extend the functionality of your wordpress installation. There are two ways to install a WordPress plugin — manually via FTP client and Automatic via WordPress Admin panel . The fastest way to install plugin is from WordPress Admin panel . You can cut the install time down to around 5 minutes compared with 5-10 via FTP client.
This article describes how to install wordpress plugins via dashboard. To install a plugin via WordPress administration panel, you need to login first.
There are also two ways to install a WordPress plugin via Admin Panel —
- Install a Plugin using Search Option
- Install a Plugin using Upload Method
Install a WordPress Plugin using Search Option in Admin Panel
- In the WordPress administration panel go to Plugins and click on Add New and enter the name of the WordPress Plugin.
- Click Install Now under the Plugin name, if you wish to install or click Details for Installation Instructions and information about the Plugin.
- If you wish to Install the WordPress Plugin, It will ask you –” Are you sure you want to install this plugin?”.
Click OK to continue with the installation.
- if the installation is successful, Use the activate command to activate Plugin.