Taiwanese technology firm, HTC has finally introduced the company’s most rumored budget smartphone, dubbed HTC Desire 626, in Taiwan. The Desire 626 comes with the decent features, great design and good quality at an affordable price tag.
The new Desire lineup smartphone will cost NT5990 (roughly $190/1185 Yuan) in its home country and listed on official Taiwanese estore. HTC hasn’t detailed worldwide availability for this handset, but it is expected to be available globally in First/Second Quarter 2015.
In terms of its features, the HTC Desire 626 comes with a 5-inch 1280 x 720 pixels screen, is powered by a 64-bit quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor along with 1GB of RAM and 16GB onboard expandable storage. The phone’s storage space can be expanded by up to 128GB via a microSD card slot.
The phone also has an impressive 13-Megapixel Primary camera and a 5-Megapixel front shooter to take good Selfies. Both the cameras can record 1080p full HD video. The phone has a 2000 mAh rechargeable lithium battery, but no problem it will provide up to 20.5 hours (2G) and up to 30 hours over 3G network with moderate usage.
The Taiwanese variant of the HTC Desire 626 comes only with single SIM (nano SIM) connectivity, however the global variant of this phone will come with dual SIM support. In terms of connectivity the HTC Desire 626 will support 4G-LTE/3G-connectivity and offers all the basic connectivity options including WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS and NFC. The device offers Accelerometer, Compass and Proximity Sensors.
HTC Desire 626 specs
- Display : 5-inch 720p HD screen resolution
- Processor : 1.2 GHz quad-core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410
- Memory : 1GB RAM, 16GB storage space, memory card sold separately (up to 128GB)
- OS : Android with HTC Sense and HTC BlinkFeed Home
- Primary Camera : 13MP, BSI sensor, 28mm lens, F2.2 aperture, 1080p Full HD video recording
- Front Camera : 5MP, 34mm lens, BSI sensor, Full HD 1080p video support
- Connectivity : 4G-LTE/3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz), GPS with GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.0 aptX-enabled, NFC, 3.5mm stereo headphone jack, micro USB 2.0 port, HTC Connect
- Battery : 2000 mAh no-removable lithium battery
- Dimensions : 146.9 x 70.9 x 8.19mm
- Weight : 140