Finally the Taiwanese manufacturer HTC has announced its all new HTC Desire EYE. It will be launched in Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa and the US this October. The smartphone has a 13-megapixel front-facing camera with 22mm wide-angle lens to shoot the perfect Selfies.
The smartphone also has a 13-megapixel rear camera with 28mm lens. Both the cameras have aperture of f/2.0 and dual LED flash. With the Desire EYE, HTC also introduced face tracking up to four people in the same room, with each face cropped and positioned on the screen for maximum clarity. It comes with a dedicated two-step camera key for focus.
The HTC Desire EYE sports a 5.2-inch 1080P full HD display, is powered by a 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor paired with an Adreno 330 GPU and is fuelled by a 2400mAh battery. The display of the handset is protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The Android v4.4 KitKat running smartphone comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage, which can be expanded up-to 128GB. It has new HTC EYE Experience and Zoe 1.0 video-editing app. The phone is 8.5mm thick and weighs in at just 154 grams.
Other impressive features of the smartphone included are Auto Selfie, Crop Me In, HTC EYE Experience with Face Tracking, Live Makeup, Photo Booth, Screen Sharing desktop feature for video chat, Split Capture function combining simultaneous videos and images taken on the rear and front cameras into one split-screen video or image, Voice Selfie and Face Fusion that allows users to merge face with another person.
The HTC Desire EYE comes with HTC’s BoomSound technology and has dual stereo speakers on the front with built-in amplifiers. The smartphone has three microphones for enhanced background noise cancellation and IPX7 rating for Water resistant. In terms of connectivity, the Desire EYE will support 4G LTE connectivity, 3G HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX codec, WiFi, NFC and GPS with GLONASS.
HTC Desire EYE Specifications
- Screen : 5.2-inch 1080p display, Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection
- Processor : quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor clocked at 2.3GHz
- GPU : Adreno 330
- OS : Android 4.4 KitKat skinned with HTC Sense 6.0
- Memory : 2GB RAM, 16GB built-in storage, MicroSD card slot (up-to 128GB)
- Primary Camera : 13-megapixel with f/2.0, 28mm lens, dual LED Flash, 1080p recording
- Secondary Camera : 13-megapixel with f/2.0, 22mm wide-angle lens, dual LED Flash
- Water resistant (IPX7)
- HTC BoomSound, Dual front-facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- Connectivity : 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX codec, WiFi (2.4 and 5 GHz), GPS with GLONASS, NFC
- Features : Auto Selfie, Crop Me In, Face Fusion, Live Makeup, Photo Booth, Screen Share, HTC EYE Experience with Face Tracking, Split Capture, Voice Selfie
- Dimensions : 151.7 x 73.8 x 8.5mm
- Weight : 154 grams
- Battery : 2400mAh battery
ZTE Grand X Max announced in the US : The Chinese smartphone manufacturer has officially introduced its latest 6-inch phablet called the ZTE Grand X Max. The phablet is priced at US$199.99 without contract. It will be available online and in retail through cricket stores in the U.S.
The ZTE Grand X Max handset features a 6-inch 720p display . It has a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor along with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage with microSD support. It comes pre-loaded with the latest Android v4.4 KitKat OS and has a 3200mAh battery. The ZTE Grand X Max sports an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and 1-megapixel front camera for video calling. Connectivity options include 3G HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0, Wifi, GPS / aGPS and 3.5mm audio jack.