HTC has unveiled its new smartphone in the company’s Butterfly series, called the HTC J Butterfly (HTL23), exclusive to the japanese carrier KDDI. The HTC J Butterfly has very similar specs as the HTC One M8, including the 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, microSD support up-to 128GB and Android v4.4 and HTC Sense UI on board. It has 5-inch Full HD 1080p Super LCD 3 display and comes with 5-megapixel front camera.
While the HTC J Butterfly is water-resistant (IPX5/IPX7) and dust-resistant (IPX5), the HTC One M8 is not. It also has dual front-facing speakers with built-in amplifiers. The HTC J Butterfly comes with Duo Camera setup — 13-megapixel primary rear camera with dual LED flash and 2-megapixel secondary rear camera. It packs a 2700 mAh battery, and the device will support 4G LTE connectivity. Connectivity options included are WiFi (2.4 and 5GHz), Nano SIM, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX codec, IR LED, NFC and GPS with GLONASS. The device measure 10mm in thickness and weighs just 156 grams.
The smartphone will be available in Canvas White, Indigo Blue and Rough Red colours. The company has not revealed any details of the global availability or pricing.
HTC J Butterfly Specifications
- Display : 5.0-inch full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super LCD 3 display
- Processor : 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
- GPU : Adreno 330 GPU
- OS : Android 4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense UI
- Memory : 2 GB RAM, 32GB inbuilt storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- Rear Camera : Duo Camera – 13MP primary camera with dual LED Flash and 2MP secondary camera to capture depth information
- Front Camera : 5MP front-facing camera
- Connectivity : 4G LTE / WiMAX 2 + / WiFi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n (2.4 and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX codec
- Nano SIM, IR LED, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, 3.5 mm headset jack
- Dual front-facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- IPX5 / IPX7 for dust and water resistance
- Battery : 2700 mAh
- Weighs : 156 grams
- 10 mm thick