HTC has finally announced its latest flagship smartphone, called the HTC One (M8). successor to the last year’s HTC One (M7). featuring Android 4.4 KitKat skinned with the HTC Sense 6.0, the HTC One M8 has 5.0-inch Full HD display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and is protected by Corning Gorilla glass 3. It comes with Duo camera setup with HTC’s UltraPixel primary rear-facing camera.
The HTC One M8 is powered by a Snapdragon 801 chipset with a 2.3GHz/2.5GHz Krait 400 processor (depending on the market), and Adreno 330 GPU coupled with 2 GB of RAM. It has 16GB and 32GB of on-board storage and supports additional storage of up-to 128GB via microSD. The device includes a 2600 mAh battery with extreme Power Saving Mode. The smartphone can provide up-to 30 hours of running by using just 10% of the battery.
It offers a 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor for Asia, and a 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor for the US, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
The HTC One (M8) comes with HTC’s UltraPixel primary rear-facing camera with 1/3-inch sensor and 2.0 um pixels, 28 mm lens and F/2.0 aperture, dual LED Flash, BSI Sensor and a second camera located above to capture depth information. It has a 5-megapixel front facing camera with wide angle and f/2.0 aperture, BSI sensor capable of recording 1080p full-HD video with HDR capability.
The HTC One (M8) has HTC Sense Voice, Dual front-facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, Infrared remote control, HTC BoomSound, 3.5 mm headset jack and FM radio with RDS. It also has new BlinkFeed, new Zoe Camera UI, motion launch feature to launch an app or unlock the screen with single swipe or double-tap. The HTC One (M8) weighs just 160 grams and measures 9.35mm in thickness.
In terms of connectivity, the smartphone offers 4G LTE connectivity/ 3G HSPA+, Nano SIM, WiFi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz), GPS, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX codec, MHL, NFC and with GLONASS. The HTC One M8 also has gesture control, what HTC is calling Motion Launch, to let you turn the lock-screen on and off without tapping or swiping, answer calls, and activate the screen.
The HTC One M8 comes in Glacial Silver, Amber Gold and Gunmetal Gray, and will be available immediately in select markets. Pricing information not available. It will roll out across 230 operators worldwide in 100 countries in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa.
HTC One (M8) Specifications : —
- Display : 5.0-inch Full HD display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and is protected by Corning Gorilla glass 3
- CPU : 2.5 GHz/2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
- GPU : Adreno 330
- OS : Android 4.4 KitKat with the HTC Sense 6.0
- RAM : 2 GB
- Memory : 16GB/32GB internal storage expandable up-to 128GB via microSD
- Rear Camera : Duo camera setup with HTC’s UltraPixel primary rear-facing camera with 28mm lens and F/2.0 aperture, LED Flash, BSI Sensor, and a Secondary rear-facing camera to capture depth information.
- Front Camera : 5 MP front-facing camera with capable of recording Full HD (1080p) video with HDR Video
- Connectivity : Nano SIM ,4G LTE , 3G HSPA+, NFC , MHL, and GPS with GLONASS
- WiFi : 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz)
- Bluetooth : v4.0 with aptX codec
- Battery : 2600 mAh
- Thickness : 9.35 mm thick
- Weight : 160grams
- Features : Duo camera setup | HTC Sense Voice | HTC BoomSound | Dual front-facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers | Infrared remote control | 3.5 mm headset jack | FM radio with RDS