As we reported last week, Jolla smartphone running Sailfish operating system coming to India on September 23. Jolla, the smartphone manufacturer from Finland has just released its first Sailfish OS-powered smartphone in India at a price point of Rs. 16,499, and the smartphone is now available exclusively on Snapdeal.com. First 90 customers who place their order will get the VIP box with Other Half covers.
The Jolla smartphone features a 4.5-inch 960 x 540 pixels 5-point multi-touch IPS screen protected by Gorilla Glass 2. It is powered by the Sailfish OS and packs a 1.4 Ghz dual-core Snapdragon 400 CPU along with 1GB RAM. It has 16GB internal storage and support MicroSD card and a 2100 mAh battery removable battery powers the entire package. It also sports an 8-megapixel Auto-Focus primary camera with LED flash and a 2-megapixel front camera.
The highlight of the handset is that it support 4G LTE-connectivity and runs the Sailfish OS developed by former employees of Nokia. The device offers WiFi, GPS and GLONASS and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity. The Jolla smartphone measures in at 9.9mm and weighs just 141 grams.
Jolla smartphone specifications
- Display : 4.5-inch qHD 5-point multi-touch IPS display and Gorilla Glass 2 protection
- Processor : 1.4 GHz dual-core Snapdragon 400
- Memory : 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable via MicroSD slot
- OS : Sailfish OS mobile operating system
- Primary Camera : 8-megapixel AF sensor with LED flash
- Front Camera : 2-megapixel sensor
- Connectivity : 4G LTE, GPS and GLONASS, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n , Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery : 2100 mAh removable battery
- Weight : 141 grams
In other news, HTC has launched its Desire 816G Dual SIM smartphone in the country. The Android 4.4 KitKat OS skinned with HTC Sense 6-powered smartphone has been priced at Rs. 18,990. The device has a 5.5-inch HD disply, 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB built in storage, MicroSD slot, 2600 mAh battery, 13MP camera with LED flash, 5MP front camera, HTC BoomSound and Dual front-facing stereo speakers with built in amplifiers. Connectivity features included are WiFi, 3G connectivity, GPS with a-GPS and Bluetooth 4.0.