Oppo has introduced a new 4G LTE-enabled smartphone in the Company’s U series, called the Oppo U3, but the company has not revealed any information about the availability and price. According to reports, the device would be available “very soon” in China. Unfortunately, there’s no word yet on Global roll out.
The Oppo U3 is a Dual SIM smartphone powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek 64-bit processor with 2GB RAM and fuelled by a 3000mAh battery. The phablet runs Android v4.4 based Color OS 2.0. It features a 5.9-inch Full HD display and a 16GB internal storage with microSD card slot that allows for storage expansion up-to 128GB. The only thing that not impressive is MediaTek processor, but no problem its has 64-bit architecture. The device features AK4961 24-bit ADC and the phablet’s back has diamond-like design.
The rear of the has a 13-megapixel camera with Super Zoom mode capable of producing 50-megapixel pictures by combining 4-shots into one high resolution image, similar to the Oppo Find 7. The rear camera comes equipped with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture and Sony IMX214 Exmor RS sensor. The smartphone also has a 5-megapixel front camera. The Oppo U3 will support 4G LTE/3G, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi and GPS connectivity options. It will be available in Black and White color variants. The phablet measures 8mm in thickness and weighs 195 grams.
Oppo U3 specifications
- Display : 5.9-inch 1080 ×1920 pixels Full HD IPS screen
- Processor : 1.7GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6752 64-bit
- GPU : Mali-T760
- OS : Color OS 2.0 ( based on Android 4.4 KitKat )
- Memory : 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage with microSD card slot support up to 128GB
- Connectivity : Dual SIM (micro + nano), 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS
- Primary Camera : 13MP Sony IMX214 Exmor RS sensor with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Secondary Camera : 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions : 156.8x81x8mm
- Weight : 195g
- Battery : 3000mAh