Samsung revealed the Samsung Galaxy S5 to the world in February 2014 at MWC. The South Korean tech giant is all set to release the Samsung flagship, Galaxy S5 in 150 countries including India on April 11. According to reports, the company is gearing up to formally launch the smartphone in India on March 27 same as Malaysian launch date. Though, the shipment will start from April 11 2014. the Galaxy S5 will be available in 16GB and 32GB inbuilt storage variants.
The Galaxy S5 sports a 5.1-inch full HD Super AMOLED display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution and is powered by a quad-core 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM and runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat Out of the box. A 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera, 16-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor and 4K video recording capabilities. It has 16GB/32GB of internal memory, expandable up to 64GB via microSD memory card slot and a large 2800 mAh battery with Ultra Power Saving Mode also feature. Ultra Power Saving Mode turns the display to black and white mode, and shuts down all unnecessary features to minimize the battery consumption.
The Galaxy S5 features S Health 3.0, heart rate sensor placed near the 16-megapixel rear camera, IP67 ratings for water and Dust and Resistance. fingerprint scanner on the home button, biometric screen locking feature , mobile payments , Download Booster, innovative Wi-Fi technology which uses both LTE and Wi-Fi simultaneously to improve the download speeds, and Infrared LED for smart TV remote.
In terms of connectivity, the Galaxy S5 has 4G LTE-A connectivity, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), GPS, Bluetooth v4.0 LE (low energy), USB 3.0 and NFC. The Galaxy S5 weighs just 145 grams and measures 8.1mm in thickness. the Galaxy S5 will be available in four colour variants — Shimmery White, Charcoal Black, Copper Gold and Electric Blue along with optional designer back panels.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Specifications : —
- Display : 5.1-inch full HD Super AMOLED display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution
- Processor : 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- RAM : 2GB
- Memory : 16GB / 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB via microSD card
- Rear Camera : 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI and 4Kvideo recording
- Front Camera : 2.1MP front-facing camera
- Connectivity : 4G LTE-A , GPS, USB 3.0, NFC
- Wi-Fi : 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO),
- Bluetooth : v4.0 LE
- IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.0, Heart rate sensor
- Battery : 2800 mAh
- 8.1 mm thick
- Weight : 145 grams