Sony has announced a selfie centric smartphone, called the Sony Xperia C3. The smartphone comes with a 5.5-inch 720p display and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera ( 25mm wide-angle lens with 80 degree field of view). The front camera is equipped with a soft LED flash, and is capable of 720p video recording.
It also comes with self timer, Superior Auto mode, beatification and Portrait Retouch. According to the company, you can take selfies by simply double tapping the back cover or using Smile Shutter, which you can then share with friends in three clicks.
The Sony Xperia C3 runs Android 4.4 KitKat OS and is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor coupled with an Adreno 305 GPU and 1GB of RAM. Battery capacity is 2500 mAh and comes with STAMINA mode.
It also sports an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, Exmor RS sensor capable of shooting video in 1080p. The smartphone comes with 8GB of inbuilt storage and a microSD slot that supports up-to 64GB. The Sony Xperia C3 measures 7.6mm in thickness and weighs just 150 grams. The smartphone will be available in black, white and mint colors.
The Sony Xperia C3 comes in two variants, single SIM and dual SIM – Sony Xperia Dual. The handset will be available globally from August, starting with China. The company has not revealed any details of the pricing.
Sony Xperia C3 specifications
- Display : 5.5-inch 720p display with TRILUMINOS Display for mobile, Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- Processor : 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- GPU : Adreno 305 GPU
- OS : Android 4.4 KitKat
- Memory : 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, expandable upto 64GB via microSD
- Primary Camera : 8MP camera with Exmor RS sensor, LED flash, full HD video recording
- Secondary Camera : 5MP camera with 25mm wide-angle lens, 80 degree field of view, HD video recording
- Connectivity : 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, GPS, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- Battery : 2500 mAh Battery with STAMINA mode
- Weight : 150 grams
- 7.6mm thick