Ahead of MWC 2014, Sony has unveiled an affordable smartphone in its Xperia line up after several leaks, dubbed Sony Xperia E4. The company also launched its dual SIM variant. According to the company, the Xperia E4 will come in Black and White color, with interchangeable covers, and offer customizable UI themes for those looking to customize their phone. The impressive things in a budget price point the phone has curved design and attractive looks.
The Xperia E4 features a 5-inch qHD IPS display along with a quad-core MediaTek processor clocked at 1.3 GHz coupled with Mali 400 GPU. It has an 8GB of built-in memory and 1GB of RAM and comes pre-installed with the Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system. The device also features a 5-Megapixel rear-facing camera and a 2-Megapixel front camera for video chatting. The Xperia E4 runs on a 2300 mAh battery with STAMINA Mode and it can provise 2 days of battery life.The connectivity options included are 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Bluetooth.
With the Sony Xperia E4, the company also introduced PartyShare, a naw native app for Android devices, will allow users to share pictures and music via WiFi Direct. The app is now officially available on the Google Play Store for 4.4+ (KitKat) Android devices. Sony used this launch to unveil PartyShare app, so the app comes pre-loaded with the Sony Xperia E4. There’s no word on pricing, but it will go on sale sometime in mid-Fabruary.
Sony Xperia E4 and E4 Dual features
- Display : 5-inch qHD 960 x 540 pixels IPS screen
- Processor : quad-core 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6582 processor
- GPU : Mali 400 GPU
- Memory : 1GB RAM, 8GB on board memory, expandable storage via microSD
- OS : Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Camera : 5MP rear camera with LED flash, 2MP front-facing camera
- Dual SIM (E4 dual)
- Connectivity : 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth, FM Radio, 3.5 mm audio jack,
- Battery : 2300 mAh with Battery STAMINA Mode
- Dimensions : 137 x 74.6 x 10.5 mm
- Weight : 144g