WhatsApp, the very popular instant messaging service for Smartphones is now available for PC. The company recently introduced a new WhatsApp service for PC with notification feature, called “WhatsApp Web”, so now its users can easily access their WhatsApp account from PC via Google Chrome web browser only (More browsers coming soon).
WhatsApp is currently the no. 1 instant messaging App based on total active users. According to the report, WhatsApp has more than 700 million active users and it handles more than 30 billion messages each day sent by its users. WhatsApp is now 50% more popular than text messaging via SMS. It enables users to send and receive texts, image, video, group chat and international messaging.
Facebook-owned company has also released a new update of the mobile messaging app for its web client with the new feature. The WhatsApp web client extension is currently available for Android, Blackberry, Blackberry 10, Nokia S60 and Windows Phone users excluding iOS platform. WhatsApp official blog post, declared that they will not be able to provide WhatsApp web service to iOS users due to platform limitations.
How to use WhatsApp Web
To connect mobile WhatsApp to Web client on PC you must have an active WhatsApp account and Google Chrome Web Browser on your PC. You also need to have an active internet on both your smartphone and your PC.
- Open http://web.whatsapp.com on your PC’s Web Browser.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone, tap the menu icon and select “WhatsApp Web” option.
- Point your phone’s camera at the QR code shown in the WhatsApp Web browser client.
- Web browser will immediately connect your WhatsApp once the QR code is scanned and verified.
The pros and cons of WhatsApp Web client
WhatsApp Web – Pros
- Its is the first official service for PC.
- With its web client service you are now able to access the mobile App from PC/MAC.
- The web browser version is more user-friendly than smartphone App because now you can easily type the long messages and words with keyboard.
- It is a best service for those who spend more time with their PC.
WhatsAp p Web – Cons
- The WhatsApp Web is not available for iOS platform.
- To use this service on PC, your Smartphone must have an active internet/wi-fi connection and your PC connected to the internet also.
- It works only on Google Chrome browser and your smartphone must have the latest version of WhatsApp.
- You can’t block someone – The Web browser client doesn’t offer block feature.
- With WhatsApp web client, you can’t create/leave groups.
- You can’t send broadcast messages.
Note : To use block, create and leave Groups, and broadcast messaging features, you still need to go to your smartphone’s WhatsApp.