Xiaomi has finally launched its most awaited smartphone, Xiaomi Mi 4, which was announced in July 2014. The smartphone is set to go on sale on February 2. It will be exclusively available on the e-commerce site flipkart in India and the pre-registration for the sale is now open. The registration will remain open till February 10. Xiaomi said that the company will also launch the 64GB variant of the Mi 4 in India.
Running on a 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 Processor, the Xiaomi Mi 4 comes with a 5-inch full HD IPS display with pixel density of 441ppi. The screen is protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass. The phone also has an Adreno 330 GPU and 3GB RAM, which makes it more powerful. It is powered by the Android 4.4 KitKat + MIUI V6 and a 3080mAh battery and has 16GB internal storage with no option for expansion. Xiaomi also confirmed its plan to roll out MIUI 6 update for Redmi Note 4G and Xiaomi M3 IN February.
The MI 4’s 13-megapixel primary camera is equipped with an LED flash, 6-element lens, and is capable of shooting video in 4K resolution. Front of the smartphone has an 8-megapixel camera with 5-element lens. Both the cameras feature f/1.8 aperture. The smartphone has all the basic connectivity features including, 3G, WiFi Direct, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS. It also has Infrared LED, giving devices remote control functionality. The phone comes with stainless steel frame. The Xiaomi MI 4 weighs 149 grams and measures just 8.9mm in thickness.
Xiaomi Mi 4 features
- Display : 5-inch 1920 x 1080p IPS screen @ 441 PPI with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Processor : 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801
- GPU : Adreno 330
- OS : Android 4.4 KitKat + MIUI V6
- Memory : 3GB RAM and 16GB on board storage
- Primary Camera : 13MP Sony IMX214 BSI sensor with 6-element lens, LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture
- 4K video recording
- Front Camera : 8MP Sony Exmor R sensor with 5-element lens , f/1.8 aperture
- Connectivity : 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- Infrared LED
- Battery : 3080mAh battery
- Weighs : 149 grams
- 8.9mm thick